Tax season is in full swing and, for some, is coming to a close next week. This tax season has had several changes, updates, and extensions. Let’s take a look at some important dates so you can determine which applies to you.
April 15, 2021
- First quarter estimated payments are due.
- If your business is filing as a C-corporation your deadline to file your 2020 business taxes is still April 15th, unless your business is in Louisiana, Oklahoma, or Texas.
- Deadline to file an extension request for C-corporation tax returns.
May 17, 2021
- Individual tax returns are due, this includes reporting self-employment income.
- Deadline to file an extension request for individual tax returns.
June 15, 2021
- Second quarter estimated payments are due.
- If your business is located in Louisiana, Oklahoma, or Texas, your business and personal tax returns are due.
S-corporations and partnerships who filed for an extension should be ready to file by September 15th; individuals and c-corporations by October 15th. An extension only applies to the fling of a tax return and does not delay when tax payments are due. Due to the winter storms, LA, OK and TX tax deadlines have been extended until June 15, 2021. For more information, check out our previous article here.
Regardless of when your taxes are due, IOOGO is here to help with your business tax filing needs. Contact us today!